Saturday, July 19, 2008

14 Week Ultrasound


14 weeks and 4 days

Wow, can you believe it. The first trimester is over and we are ready for round two. Baby Harry is getting so big! For those of you who are not a professional at reading ultrasounds, the baby's head is on the left and is facing down.

Michael and I had our first OB appointment this week and it was surreal. It was pretty much a usual GYN exam with added labwork and urine samples. The best part of our visit was taking another peak at our little baby. I was extremely excited to have a transabdominal ultrasound. Hopefully the days of invasive va jay jay ultrasounds are over!!!!! Everything looks good so far and we couldn't be happier. Our next visit is in 3 weeks, the day before we leave for China. I will be 17 weeks and 2 days and we are hoping to find out if we are having a boy or a girl. The anticipation is killing us. So, in the meantime, we thought it would be fun to have a survey for everyone to post there guesses.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHH he/she looks like a real little person! That's so exciting - we will keep praying!

Also, I'm cheating and waiting to see if you get any "mommy intuitions" about the gender before I vote - can't wait to find out! You guys will be great parents either way...

Mama D said...

Things are humming right along just like they should be. It IS amazing how quickly they grow.

I am having a wonderful time forwarding on the first pictures of our gorgeous new family member to all and sundry. This child is becoming well known from the west coast to the east coast. Joel in SanFran called and just giggled. Aunt Julie in Florida sent the most heartfelt tear jerker note. Beaver friends are rootin' you on and my D.C. colleagues are sympathizing with the baby having me for a grandmother! Great to know I can count on them all. :-)

This last one went out with the comment: "Big Head=Big Brain, a Grandmother's perspective."

Much love always, Mama D

Jennifer Floyd said...

Oh my goodness!! Baby Harry is getting SOOOO big!!! He/she is just PRECIOUS!!!! I can't wait to see him/her in real life!! This is going to be SO FUN!!!! Love you guys!!

Clay and Natalie Freeman said...

I am so excited for you two. I can't wait to find out what you are having. I am REALLY hoping for a girl, but I just want you to have a healthy baby. Praying for ya!

Besty said...

Since I first found out on May 6th, that I was going to be a great grandmother. It has been hard to concentrate on anything else. I am so happy for you two because I know that this baby's feet will never touch the floor. Not to mention we will all be competing on who will get to hold HER!! Wishing you the best with LOVE,
Besty
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Mary Ann Sandifer said...

Ashley and Michael,

I am so excited for the two of you and Baby Harry!!! I still remember the night in October in the Greenwood High School parking lot when Michael said that he would pay to have Saint Gerard overnighted from New York to Little Rock after he heard my story! And then what were the chances that you and Michael and Saint Gerard would land in Camden, AR on a COLD November night?!?! As the note reads that accompanied Saint Gerard "God will bless the two of you with a beautiful baby in His own time." And it seems that is exactly what is happening. I can not wait to hold Baby Harry and meet h__ in person!!!!!

With much love to all three of you!

By the way . . . . the phone call today just made my day . . . how EXCITING!!!!!! Keep me posted!!!

Molly said...

It was great to see you at the game Saturday. You look great! I'm excited that I found your blog so I can keep up with the baby news. Send me your email address and I'll add you as a reader to our blog, I have ours set to private. My email is mollylayne@yahoo.com